What If the Duck Had Gotten Wet? What Then? (#BrazenStuff 2.8.13)
Happy Friday, Brazenites!
We bring you another week of great reads, hand-picked just for you from us. Consider it an early Valentine’s present.
1. Always amusing, always head-scratching: more of the crazy excuses people give for being late to work.
2. Are you unconsciously letting these eight body language traps sabotage your communications?
3. Employees aren’t the only ones who can bring down a team; check out these 13 things your unproductive boss won’t tell you.
4. Speaking of ineffective leadership, if you’re on the supervising side of the equation and frustrated with the red tape you have to navigate, ROWE’s new book Why Managing Sucks and How to Fix It might be right up your alley.
5. You don’t get to be a top diva for nothing; see what career lessons you can learn from the way Beyoncé handled her Super Bowl appearance.
6. They may feel like a relic of the past, but it’s possible to bring them into the digital age; check out this infographic on how to make your business card social media friendly.
7. You may know what’s in each pile, but having a messy office can actually hurt the way others see you.
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!
Brazen powers real-time, online events for leading organizations around the world. Our lifestyle and career blog, Brazen Life, offers fun and edgy ideas for ambitious professionals navigating the changing world of work.