Oooh Baby, Check Out Her Credit Score! (#BrazenStuff 1.4.13)
Happy Friday, Brazenites!
Welcome to 2013. We’re honored to have you on board for another year and look forward to everything the coming months have in store for us. (’Cause you know it’s gonna be good!)
Let’s start the new year off right with some good reads:
1. Think your little black dress or dashing smile are all you need to win on the dating scene? Think again—more and more daters are judging potential mates by their credit scores.
2. How do your New Year’s resolutions stack up? Check out the top work-related resolutions for 2013. (We hope you’re not in the two percent trying to get their bosses fired. That is not the wisest of career goals.)
3. Certain jobs tend to make people more negative—not because employees don’t enjoy them, but because their work trains their brains to focus on negatives. Learn to train your brain to be happier with these three ways to cultivate a more positive mindset.
4. You may be the savviest of digital discoursers, but don’t overlook the importance of basic, face-to-face communication skills. Heed these tips to become a more effective communicator and learn to turn a “no” into a “yes.”
5. Germaphobes, take a deep breath before checking out this infographic on the germiest places in your office this cold and flu season.
6. You may not need that four-year college degree after all; one author argues that certain two-year college programs set graduates up for higher salaries than four-year programs.
7. We’re not qualified to make any mental evaluations, but we can suggest you watch your back if you’re in one of these careers that attract the most psychopaths.
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!
Brazen powers real-time, online events for leading organizations around the world. Our lifestyle and career blog, Brazen Life, offers fun and edgy ideas for ambitious professionals navigating the changing world of work.