The Great Hashtag Debate (#BrazenStuff 10.19.12)
Happy Friday, Brazenites!
The days are getting shorter and the temperatures are getting colder, but our list of great reads will hopefully keep you warm and snuggly. (Don’t ask us how. But they might. You never know…)
1. You’ve probably heard of #FirstWorldProblems—but have you heard of the backlash against it? Non-profit organization Water is Life has set out to abolish the #FirstWorldProblems hashtag with a thought-provoking (and somewhat controversial) ad campaign. Too much, or spot on?
3. Do you (or does someone you love) suffer from exaggerating how many hours you actually work syndrome? You’re not alone.
4. You got the job—hooray! But not too fast. Before you accept that job offer, ask yourself these five important questions first.
5. Why are so many of us tempted by social media on the job? A recent survey by Salary.com reveals six reasons why employees spend time on Facebook and other non-work sites. (No, “because it’s fun” was not one of them.)
6. Staying fit and healthy at college can be a challenge. Check out this list of 10 essential items for the healthy college student for some easy ways to improve that.
7. If only more companies used this tool—a consultancy co-founded by Zappos has developed a “Happiness at Work” survey to gauge levels of employees’ job satisfaction.
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!
Brazen Life is a lifestyle and career blog for ambitious young professionals. Hosted by Brazen Careerist, we offer edgy and fun ideas for navigating the changing world of work. Be Brazen!