Ridiculous Sick Day Excuses (#BrazenStuff 8.31.12)
Happy Labor Day weekend, Brazenites!
We can’t fully grasp that summer is almost over. (What was it grownups always used to tell us about the seasons running together when you get older?) Stand up for your youthful outlook by enjoying the heck out of this weekend, for us—but first, check out this week’s roundup-worthy links:
1. Bra on backwards? Slipped in syrup? These are (believe it or not) actual, though bizarre, excuses employees have given for calling in sick.
2. Tired of your boss constantly looking over your shoulder? Learn how to manage a micromanager.
3. The “bootcamp” learning model is getting more popular. Would it work for you?
4. Are happy people better workers? Check out this TED talk by Good Think, Inc. CEO Shawn Achor on how your outlook can shape your reality.
5. Who doesn’t want work/life balance? Act fast and you may be able to snag one of these open positions at 10 companies that offer the best work/life balance.
6. They happen (maybe more often than you think). Here are some ground rules for having a successful office romance.
7. Need to vent some frustration over your coworkers? How about a therapeutic game of Office Politics: the app?
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!
Brazen Life is a lifestyle and career blog for ambitious young professionals. Hosted by Brazen Careerist, we offer edgy and fun ideas for navigating the changing world of work. Be Brazen!