Pretending You Work at Google (#BrazenStuff 8.10.12)
Happy Friday, fellow Brazenites!
We hope your week went well and you’ve got a great weekend in store. Here are some of our favorite reads from this week for your perusing pleasure:
1. Is your elevator etiquette up to par? Check out the results of this survey on the strange and annoying things people do in elevators.
2. Learn how to ace that phone interview.
3. Are you guilty of any of these top 5 ways to waste your LinkedIn profile…
4. …or these biggest mistakes made by 20-something job hunters?
5. For the hustlers out there: have you ever wondered if you should tell your employer about your side job?
6. Work environment less than inspirational? Here are five ways to stay motivated, even when those around you aren’t.
7. Wish you worked at an awesome place like Google? You can pretend you do by adopting Google’s “20 percent” rule (if you can get away with it).
Have you read anything this week that’s worth passing on? Share it with us in the comments!
Brazen Life is a lifestyle and career blog for ambitious young professionals. Hosted by Brazen Careerist, we offer edgy and fun ideas for navigating the changing world of work. Be Brazen!